Thursday 5 July 2012

Our new kind of normal...




This is my first post... I am very excited, a bit anxious but looking forward to sharing our story so far. I have been thinking about this blog for the last year and now I am doing it!

Our third son was diagnosed with Shwachman Diamond Syndrome when he was four months old. It has been an overwhelming year to say the least and our record at home with him is 7 weeks in a row, so the hospital has been our home throughout 2011 and 2012.

We have been surrounded by the most incredible doctors, nurses and allied health professionals and I can honestly say that he would not be with us today four times over if it were not for them (and for his strength of character of course)!

Our boy received a bone marrow transplant in late 2011 and is slowly growing into his new health and strength. We will be forever grateful for our unrelated international female donor for her gift of life for little one.

I hope to share our adventures from now on, what we are trying for our little one to energise his body and strength and how we are settling in to our lives with the little one at home (at last).

No comments:

Post a Comment